Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LoveNote #2

I'm starting to run out of steam on this blogging thing. It's been a few days, and I've been to busy procrastinating on some of that schoolwork. Oh me.

I'm not quite sure how I went 26 years of my life without going to a Karaoke Bar. It would seem, with my personality, charisma, and musical inclinations that I would be a natural. Alas, I've never really never had a friend or "homie" that would willingly step up to the mic with me. All that changed this past Friday night.

We were supposed to go to Whitewater Tavern to Cory Branan and Ben Nichols play. By we, I mean James, myself, Jon, Nick, Mike, and Kenny. We even had a Designated Driver lined up for the evening in case we imbibed a litle too often. We've literally gone to dozens of shows at Whitewater, seeing these guys play and standing right up front. It's always a fun night when they come to town. And we've never had any problem before. That's why it was so weird to hear when we arrived that the show was ticketed and already sold out. Tickets?!? For what? People just stand up the entire time. Whitewater never does ticketed shows, so you would think that they would mention this on their website or show posters. We drove all the way up there for nothing. Crap!

We quickly huddled together to plan our next course of action. It was far too early to go home, and now we were so pissed we literally had to have some beers. So we jump in Mike's old ass minivan and struggle to find our way (no thanks to the GPS) to a little dive bar called the Town Pump. They had $1 Pabsts', and to our surprise a raucous Karaoke night goin on.

Now, I've been to a bar with a Karaoke night before, but on that particular occasion they had a very limited selection of songs that I knew or could perform. However, this guy at the Town Pump had nearly everything. And with my homies by my side and a little (which turned into a lot) liquid courage, I set that little bar on fire with a terrific rendition of Salt-n-Pepa's "Shoop"

What a fun night, and I can't wait to do it again, although next time I may hold back on the number of beers. Shoop ba Doop!

No comments: